Saturday, October 14, 2006

Things don't always go as planned

Okay, so here is how my day was supposed to go:

9:00 am -Meeting with Mark, my new boss, to get the lay of the land of the new office. This was to take about a couple of hours...
11:00 am - Meet Jeremy at Lowes to pick up the ceiling fans for the house and head over to Sears for a garage door opener.
After noon - put up ceiling fans and garage door opener.
This would all be followed by whatever came up after the things that needed to be done were.

Here is how the day actually went:

9:00 am - Met Mark at the office to have him show me around. This took about an hour and a half. 10:30 am - Becky, his wife, showing up to train me on my job. This was not expected. I was only expecting to go over the office and start training on Monday.
4:30 - FINALLY left the vet clinic. Yes, you heard me!! Seven hours later I finally made it to Lowes. Picked up the ceiling fan. Headed over to Sears for the garage door opener. Made it home just in time to meet Jeremy. Gathered all the tools which took about an hour seeing as though nothing was in its place, and headed over to the house. By this time IT WAS GETTING DARK. We thought we would try to put at least one fan up. We were getting it all out of the box and CRASH -- the nightlight to the fan fell off the counter and shattered all over the kitchen floor. It was then, after cleaning up the glass, that we felt it would be best to just scrap the idea for today and try again another day. I can say, however, my evening ended great with my cuddle time. It made all the difference in the world and made me smile!!

So all I can say is the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. I had in mind what I wanted to do and needed to do, but it turns out that was not what was supposed to happen today. MAN I'M TIRED!!

No comments: