Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm moving to Antarctica

I guess this is why I keep myself busy and don't watch the news very often, but I did the other day, and I think I turned red with anger. The news broadcasters were talking about the upcoming 2008 presidential election, especially the democratic nominee. It was noted that as more and more democrats were dropping out of the race, Hillary Clinton has been slipping in. For many months she was very vocal; however, lately, she has been laying back a little more and quietly slipping in. Because she is not as vocal lately, she is appearing to some as more likeable. Not to mention, Hillary has a large political base. She always has, which is why she got the Senate seat in the first place.


So here is my problem with this scenario. First, there is nothing worse for this country right now than to have a democrat in office. Progress is slowly being made with foreign disputes. The economy is bouncing back, look at the recent record 12,000 close of the Dow. If a democrat makes it into office, he will drastically flip any progress that is being made. Second, this country is not ready for a woman president (let alone Hillary Clinton). Women are making great strides in this society. CEO's, multi-million dollar entrepreneurs, and even secretary of state, however, we are not ready for a woman to run our country. Women have a different mind set than men. Sure they might be able to handle domestic issues, but when it comes to foreign policy, few can handle it. (I say few bec

ause Condi appears to be doing a good job) The United States just isn't ready to enter into the

international community with a woman leading the way. We would be seen as a joke.


So let me say now…if Hillary Clinton is elected president in 2008, I WILL be moving to Antarctica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I like the idea of you moving to Antarctica. How about some place that actually gets sun!