Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Skunk

Every night when I drive home from Jeremy's house, I encounter a stench at the same point in my drive. It never fails…I leave around midnight and head out on the main street, Paseo del Norte, which leads from Albuquerque to Rio Rancho. About halfway home, as I'm crossing the river, I encounter the smell of a skunk. It's like clockwork. The first couple of times I thought it was one that had been hit on the busy street, but seriously, it's been going on for the more than 4 months we've been hanging out. I just don't get it though. Does this skunk encounter something frightful there at the same time every night? Is that some sort of mating call? Let me tell you, I wouldn't come running if my boyfriend was always smelling like that. As annoying as the smell can be, though, I was missing it last night. When I was driving home I didn't encounter the stench of my friendly skunk. I hope he's okay...

No comments: