Friday, May 11, 2007

One Last Time


The day is finally here for my last final and my graduation tomorrow. It has been a good 6 (yes, that's a 6) years. As good as it has been I'm excited for it to be over. This chapter of my life is coming to an end. It has been a time of ups and downs, smiles and tears. It has been a time of hard work and lots of play. I have really enjoyed my college experience and the life lessons I have learned in this time.

Unlike my high school graduation where I knew I had 4 more years of schooling, I am embarking on a journey that will now lead me into my career. I now have to grown up. I have to emerge from this curtain I have known for so long called school. I have to come out of hiding and face the real world. It is a time of excitement and fear all at the same time.

This is a time of bittersweet excitement for me. In 40 minutes I will make my last drive into the Q parking lot at school. I will ride the horrific shuttle one last time. I will enter Dane Smith Hall with the smell of market soup one last time. I will climb the stairs and sit behind a desk with a blue book in front of me one last time. I'm starting to feel a little nostalgic. This has been who I am for so long and today will be my last day as a college student.

So I say now CONGRATS to all those out there that are in my same shoes. I hope that your heart is filled with as much excitement as mine. And here's to our futures! It's true...today is the first day of the rest of our lives, lets embrace that and run at the world full speed ahead!!

No comments: