Monday, May 21, 2007

Once in a lifetime



My graduation was amazing. At first I wasn't sure I was wanting to go through with the whole thing and walk the line. I mean, I have been in school for so long that I just wanted to be done. I didn't want to have to deal with it anymore. But, I knew my parents wanted to see me go through it, and the closer it got I was really excited about it.

We started off my graduation weekend with a trip to see a game of the minor league baseball team, the Albuquerque Isotopes. My Dad had the box and we catered food. The friends I had there were amazing and it was such a great time.

The ceremony wasn't too long. Only two and a half hours, which wasn't long at all considering the amount of students graduating. I was a little nervous walking down the steps into the pit, especially in heels. But I made it. It was great to hear them call my name and walk across the stage to receive my fake diploma.

My party that night was so much fun!! I had a lot of great people there who really cared about me. It couldn't go on without its usual family drama, but in the end it was all worth it. The hardest part following graduation was waiting for my grades. I wasn't positive I passed all of my classes since there were a couple of finals I thought I did awful on. But I did pass...with flying colors.

Now it's on to bigger things. I am not sure what program I'm going to go through to get my teachers license, but that's what is on deck next. I can't wait...it feels good to be grown up!!

No comments: