Monday, May 28, 2007

A weekend with the Grandparents



Back in February I went to visit my Grandparents who live in Lubbock, TX. It is always good to see them since I only get to do it a few times a year. Plus, my Memaw's health is starting to fail, so I truly covet the time I get to see her.

Just a few observations from my weekend with my Grandparents:

  • The smell of their laundry soap always brings me back, I think they have used the same kind since....well forever.
  • My Papaw is from old school Texas and still thinks it's okay to drive around town with a mixed drink in his hand.
  • It's always okay to bring up politics, but when you continue the conversation you're all wrong.
  • Nursing homes are very sad places that can be REALLY funny.
  • They always use old fashioned words, like, boil (I'm talking a sore...not water bubbling)
  • It's still funny to see a 74 year old man with a cell phone, is that allowed??
  • They like to say Ma'am really really loud when they can't hear you.
  • It's very easy to sleep in past 9:00 am.
  • There is always something really cool that I just want to take home with me.

No comments: