Thursday, May 31, 2007

When did I become a fan?


I have always been a lover of sports. It was great growing up and hanging out with the boys playing baseball or football in the street. It was funny in high school being 'one of the guys' while we watched sporting events. I was always the cool girl who had then game on even before the boys and yelled and cheered louder than anyone.


This yelling and cheering, however, was limited to football and baseball. These were the two sports I always watched and was involved in when I was growing up. Football because that is what my parents were into, and baseball because I grew up at the baseball field watching my brother play.


When I started dating Jeremy, I knew he was a basketball fan, especially a Spurs fan. What had I gotten myself into? Here was the one sport I knew NOTHING about. I barely knew the teams, I didn't know the rules. How was I going to share in this love of his?


Fast forward 11 months and times are different. Somewhere along the way I became a huge basketball fan, a huge Spurs fan. We were watching a game the other night and I was yelling more than Jeremy was about shots made, shots missed and bad calls. When did I become a fan?


I'm not quite sure when it happened, but it's exciting it did. I find myself wanting to watch the game more than Jeremy. I can't wait to see the Spurs play in the finals. I'm excited I know a little about the rules and can follow the game pretty well. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere I became a fan. It's exciting now to share in the love of my love!

No comments: