Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Fighting Spirit



This week I was finally able to watch the Barbara Walters interview with Patrick Swazye. I sat down with my mom for what I thought would be an interesting interview with a man who is dying. When I finally wipped my eyes for the last time, as the interview came to an end, I thought to myself that this man has great courage, great faith and a great drive to live.

Instead of giving in to this disease that takes most sufferers within a few months, he is determined to LIVE. He is not sitting in a dark room waiting to die, he is out shooting a television show and taking care of his many horses. I found his drive and determination something to be thankful. I'm glad there are people like Patrick in this world to show us what a fighting spirit looks like, and to give us hope that no matter how bad things may look to us, there is always a reason to LIVE your life to its fullest. For that, I am thankful!

No comments: