Monday, January 19, 2009

It's in the Steam, Baby!

My brother is building an amazing new house. We have helped him every once in awhile through the process. I love the big kitchen and the beautiful hardwood floors. Jeremy's love in the house...the shower. Seriously, this shower is the size of our bathroom, complete with his and her shower heads and body sprayers, a rain dome, a bench and best of all....it's a steam shower. So, you can shut the door, turn on the steam and you have a steam shower straight from the gym. It's amazing.

These past few days have been rough, and because of them, I ended up sick. Symptoms: VERY bad cough, stuffy nose, plugged ears and a sore throat. All encompassed with a splitting headache. To say the least, I think I have a bad cold. This morning I woke up and it was really bad. I couldn't do anything to get comfy, stop coughing and deal with my stuffy nose that was hurting my nose so bad. I was wishing I was at my brother's house so I could sit in his steam shower in hopes of opening up my head. Since I couldn't hardly crawl out of bed, that wasn't going to work. So, me and my "let's see what I can do with what I have" mentality decided to create my own steam shower. 

So, I filled the tub about half full of water. I sat in there and turned on the shower as hot as it would go. I pointed it at the wall so it wasn't splashing directly into my tub of water. Then, I waited.... Within a few minutes what I was hoping would happen, did. The enclosed area started to turn into a great steam shower. I sat in there for a good 10-15 minutes breathing in the steam. When I got out, I felt refreshed and was a little more comfortable. 

I made do with what we had here, but I tell you what...our next house we build will be complete with one of those huge showers with the steam, just like my brothers!

No comments: