Friday, January 16, 2009

My Husband Rocks Friday - Servant


It's Friday and time to talk about why my husband rocks this week. Read more about this here. I never thought this would be easy peasy to remember to do each week, but I didn't realize the struggle this week would entail. It's really easy to talk about why your husband rocks when things are going well, but when they aren't it takes that much more soul searching, and humbleness to talk about the things he does that reminds me why we fell in love. This weeks topic is as follows:

List at least one thing your husband did or said in the past week that reminded you why you love him.

This would usually be an easy topic to answer, as Jeremy is the most thoughtful and caring person I know. The problem, is that things have been said and done that have left a deep wound at this point. Still, amidst all of our struggles the past couple days (and the past 8 months for that matter) Jeremy is a servant. He went to get us lunch today and put aside his lunch cravings and desires to go to my favorite fast food restaurant. Once he got back with it, he didn't bring it up and toss the paper bag at me. Instead he took my meal and put it on a plate. He then put the plate, drink, napkin and straw nicely arranged on a "breakfast in bed" tray to bring to me. 

It is my husbands willingness to serve that he rocks!!

No comments: