Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doesn't even Compare


Have you ever read a book for the sole purpose of watching the movie based on the book?? Have you ever, then, been disappointed about what you were seeing? Have you, then, wanted to throw your remote at the TV because what you are watching is NOT what you read?? I did!!

Last night, I finished the book "The Memory Keepers Daughter". I had seen this book for years, and wanted to read it, but never did. When I saw LifeTime was making a movie based on the book, I decided it was high time for me to read the book so I could watch the movie. So, about a week and a half ago I bought the book and when the movie came on, I TIVOed it. Well, I was totally disappointed that the movie WAS NOT the book. 

It started out about the same, but halfway through characters did not enter the story as they were supposed to. People didn't do things they were supposed to. And a fight even happened with the WRONG people. This is the first time I have read a book before a movie and, honestly, I was so disappointed. I don't think I can do that again. I think I need to either stick to the book, or the movie, and not do both!!

No comments: