Monday, April 28, 2008

Vagueness


Is it just me, or do you have a problem when people are vague when they talk?? Kids are notorious for this, but it's even more frustrating when an adult does it. You ask them how things are going and they reply "good" and that's it. Really?? Good?? How are things good?? Or when you ask them what all they did today, they reply "I got a lot done". Really?? A lot?? What all does that involve?? Or when you ask them about a conversation they reply "oh, we talked about stuff". Really?? Stuff?? What is stuff?? 

To me, it just seems like they are hiding something. They did or said something they don't want you to know about, or they don't care about you enough to tell you, so they just make up a vague term and move on. Seriously, we are having a conversation and you tell me good, a lot and stuff?? NO WAY!!! I NEED more depth than that!! Maybe it's just me...what do you think??

No comments: