Monday, April 14, 2008

I wish...

Getting married comes with many feelings. First and foremost is excitement. I am very excited to enter into this new chapter with Jeremy. I'm excited what we have in store for each other. Second, and probably just as foremost is fear. I feel it is this fear that is controlling me lately and the feeling I want to get over most, but I just can't. 

I'm scared of many things when it comes to getting married. I'm scared I will fail as a wife. I fear I will not live up to the expectations that have been set before me. I'm scared of leaving a life I have always known under my parents roof. I'm scared of the quiet. I'm scared of burning all of the meals. I'm scared to enter this new life...new chapter. I'm scared my old life I have known for 25 years is dying. I'm just scared. I wish I knew how to get over this. I wish I knew the secret magic answer to all of these worries...I wish!

No comments: