Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit :: Faithfulness

I feel, outside of love, the most important factor in any relationship is faithfulness. If I have any inclination that my husband wasn't a man who was of faithful character, you better believe we would never have said "I do". At the same time, my closest friends are those who are faithful to our friendship. They are the ones who are always there without an agenda. They take our friendship serious, and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it.

For me, I am the same way. I feel that my faithfulness in my marriage is a part of the glue that holds us together. Also, my faithfulness in my friendships also keeps them blooming. But what about my relationship with God?? How faithful am I to Him??

I pray....most of the time. I study the word...when I don't get to busy. I worship Him....on Sundays. Outside of that, how truly faithful am I to following the Lord? I would say I lack so much. I let my busy life and unprioritized priorities get in the way. I am faithful with my worldly relationships, but the one that I should be the most faithful with, I fall short.

How many of you are like me? How many of you will put your relationship with your husband and kids before your relationship with your Savior? I am really excited for this summer. A group of great ladies and I have started a bible study that takes a look at our thoughts and how we perceive ourselves. I'm super excited for this study, as I hope it will get me into the Word on a daily basis and really help me to be faithful to God.

Where do you need to work on faithfulness? What do you need to take up, or let go of this summer to be more faithful to God, your family or your friends? Faithfulness is a part of the glue that bonds our relationships, is yours watered down or super in strength??

Be sure to check out Carrie's blog and see what she has to say about Faithfulness. Until next week when we take a look at gentleness.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is so very true. I strive to be faithful to everyone, but often I forget to be faithful to my Lord. Thank you for this reminder.
Amy

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting. I agree with everything you said!!