Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings


Today I totally went back to my childhood. I decided to see if I could find the recipe for Friendship Bread starter. Friendship bread is a sweet cinnamon type bread that is almost like cake instead of bread. I don't know what got me thinking about it, but I have searched all morning and found a recipe for the starter. It's kind of like sourdough bread, in that you create a starter that you feed and keep alive which can then be used to pass along to others, or, freeze to create your own bread in the future. I'll post the recipe soon, as well as the recipe for the bread I decide to make. 

I also went back to my childhood with lunch. I decided to fix beans and wieners. I don't know about you, but there are just some meals that say CHILDHOOD on them, and for me, this is one of them. This is a different kind of beans and wieners, I think, because it isn't made with hot dogs. Instead, we use Vienna Sausages. You know, that squatty little blue can of...well whatever they are, that's what we use. It's really quite simple:

Beans and Wieners
1 can pork and beans ( I drain the juice so it's not so runny)
1 can vienna sausages, sliced
Brown sugar to taste

I mix all together in a sauce pan over medium heat until warm. 

It's amazing how this simple high protein meal can take me back to the days of riding my bike around our old neighborhood.

Those are just my few ramblings for this Wednesday. Oh, yeah, one more...I'm so hooked on the Twilight books, so don't count on seeing much of me.

1 comment:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Good luck on your sour dough! I'm on week 2 with mine. I'm hopeful that it will be better as it ages!