Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's on Your Nightstand?

What's On Your Nightstand

As part of my 101 in 1001 goals, I plan on reading A LOT!!! To help me keep accountable, and also to let you all know what I am reading, I am joining up with the What's on Your Nightstand meme. The 4th Tuesday of every month I will record what I have on my nightstand to read along with what I have read throughout the month. I hope I can give you some good recommendations of books that I loved as well as books that I don't think I would read again. 

I am one of those people who reads 10 books at once (maybe not 10, but too many) and takes a long time to finish all of them. I have been like this since I was in elementary school. I even remember my 3rd grade teacher commenting to my parents that she saw this and thought I should try to change my habits. Well, 18 years later, I am still into that habit. Call it what you want, but I think I just get bored with one book all the time...come on, a girl needs a little variety every once in awhile.

Since this is my first post, I do not have any books to review currently. And, hopefully next month I will have a picture of my nightstand. Right now, I don't even have a nightstand set up (my nightstand books are piled in our guest room where we have been sleeping for the past few days), since Jeremy and I just had our new bedroom furniture delivered yesterday. WOHOO!!

But, here is what is in my pile, and hopefully I can get through most of them this next month:






These are books that will be on my nightstand all year as I go through them daily/weekly:




What did I tell you?? I read a million books at once. I hope you check back with me next month to see what I thought of these books, and, be sure to keep me accountable and reading!!

6 comments:

Ashley Wells said...

Hello!

We have "twin blogs." Love the design!

I just read the power of a praying woman last month, it was great! I plan on reading the power of a praying wife in the future!

Thanks for sharing!

-Ashley

Lindsay said...

I can't keep up w/ that many books at once. I do however usually read 2 at one time. A fiction and a nonfiction. Have fun reading :-)

Unknown said...

Welcome to the carnival! I too read several books at once (too many) -- let's see, right now a YA book, a classic (Les Mis), a novel (but I sort of stopped reading it, because of Les Mis), a nonfiction journal-type book, and I'm about to start another nonfiction book because I want to!

So five that I'm reading (four actively at the moment). Crazy.

Nise' said...

Power of a Praying Wife is one you keep and re-read over and over! I have four books going right now!

Pam and Jen (The PJs) said...

Hi there!! I'm a fiction girl, with the exception of travel nonfiction. And what I call edgy spiritual nonfiction. I'll be back to see what you think of the books you're reading.
Happy trails/books!

Ricky said...

You're doin stuff! Keep it up!