Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patty's Day

Today, as I was eating corned beef and cabbage, I was thinking back to all of my fun St. Patty's Day's and this too has been one of them. The last time I truly went out and celebrated was 2 years ago...in 2006. I got together with some of the old guys and we all went out to the local pub, O'Hares. I was smitten with a new guy at church, so I was on my BEST behavior, but the guys...well they had a great time, and it was fun to laugh with them.

Another fun St. Patty's Day was in 2001. Me and my friend Sarah embarked on a journey to be rebels and get our belly buttons pierced together. So, we went downtown without either of our familys knowing and did it. It took 3 days for me to tell my Mom what I had done, and boy was I scared to death. I'm so glad she was okay with it.

Another fun St. Patty's Day was in 2005. My family decided last minute to take a trip to Durango. I was thrilled to get out of dodge (why do I always need to do that around this time?) It was so much fun!! We spent the days watching March Madness and the nights playing cards. I experienced corned beef for the first time, and have been in love since.

Another St. Patty's Day I remember was in kindergarten. We walked into Mrs. Brownings room to see leprechaun footprints all over the class. We were in search for a pot of gold all morning. I had so much fun, and it stuck with me all of these years. 

I don't know what it is about me and St. Patty's Day...I think it's just my holiday of fun memories. I hope for many more in the future, and maybe next time, you will be a part of one!!

No comments: