Monday, March 10, 2008

Pretty Girl

This weekend, at the Youth Quake, I heard a song that truly spoke to me, especially with all I have had going on in my life lately. I think all of us girls need to be reminded we are pretty and we are the reason Jesus died!! I'm not usually one to repeat lyrics, but here is the song that touch me by Fuller Still, I hope the words speak to you as well.

Pretty Girl, just smile for the crowd
But if you're dying inside, don't say it out loud.
You say you've got it all together, your whole life's in line
But you're not allowed to cry, because everything is fine.
And if you think you aren't lovely, you're just fooling yourself,
'Cause you know that you're perfect by the trophies on your shelf.

Don't keep it all hidden away, I'm here to say you can be satisfied
Just give it up to the lover of your soul, 'cause you're the reason why He died, He says:

You're beautiful, too marvelous for words
You're amorous, so precious, it hurts
You're more captivating than the rest of this world, 
So when will you see that you're truly a Pretty Girl?

And the looks that you get, all the praises that you earn,
And the songs that you sing, oh, when will you learn?
Your hair is so curly, but you want it straight,
Well, at least that's one thing that you love, but you're still worried 'bout your weight.

Well, I used to be that Pretty Girl, suffering alone in my strife
Thought I was unworthy of love, until Jesus came and change my life when He said that:

You're beautiful, too marvelous for words
You're amorous, so precious, it hurts
You're more captivating that the rest of this world, 
So when will you see that you're truly my Pretty Girl?

Oh please won't you see all that I've got in store
For my sweet little baby who loves Me like crazy
You'll look in the mirror, and see things much clearer
Just know that through Me, you're much more than just a Pretty Girl.

No comments: