Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is Coffee Supposed to Do That??

My Mom was great this morning and brought me coffee before I went to work. What a great treat to get Starbucks to wake you up. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to drink it all while I got ready for work....so I took it with me. When I got to work, I took a sip and immediately headed to the microwave. There is nothing I hate more than coffee that is supposed to be warm turn cold. 1 minute start...and my coffee was on its way to being drinkable again. When it came out, it was smelling of that wonderful aroma again, and I was a happy camper.

Two phone calls and a barrage of e mails later and my coffee was cold again. Again, I trudged to the back and warmed up my coffee. It took me a couple of minutes to remember it was in there, so I headed to get it and was stopped by a smell that worried me. Something was burning. I passed it off as the microwave just heating up until I opened the door. Inside dripping from the tops, sides and creating a puddle was my coffee; it had exploded. The smell, however, was coming from my cup that was sitting in the puddle of coffee and burned on the bottom. It's true, my coffee cup caught fire in the microwave. I didn't know coffee did that. Needless to say I didn't get to finish my cup o joe, but at least I didn't burn the vet hospital down!!

No comments: