Saturday, February 16, 2008

Go Lobos!!

Jeremy and I had the most amazing date day today!!! We started off a little slow, but the end was just fantastic. We started out the day with a fantastic, just in time phone call to use some season pass tickets to see the University of New Mexico Lobos play in a conference game at the PIT. We talked about it and thought it would be a fun night. So...we went and got the tickets and then, we went to make a fun purchase. I decided to buy my own snowboard. With all of the trips that Jeremy takes each year with his kiddos snowboarding, I...well we....decided it would be a great idea to invest in my own equipment, and since the store was having a sale, what better time?? I am so excited...and it is super cute!!!
By the time we got done with the sizing and the heat molding of the boots, we were STARVING!!! So, we decided to go to a local legend of a restaurant here in Albuquerque, The Frontier Restaurant. We had never been there, it is a sad thing for a UNM student to admit she has never been there, but it's true. I don't know why I hadn't though...it was AMAZING!!! After our great lunch, we walked just down the street to hang out at our favorite study coffee shop. I got a WHOLE lot of work done...if only I had another day of that kind of studying I might be caught up.
When it was about an hour and a half before the game we had a great couple of slices of pizza and made our way to The PIT. As we parked, entered the arena and walked down the stairs to our seats we were both very excited!!! As The PIT started to fill up, the energy in there rose. It was a great loud game, and was extremely full of energy!!! We had a great time standing, chanting and cheering as the Lobos won!!!
We finished the night off with a quick stop at the ice cream shop for a scoop and a chat. I had the best date day and I was so happy to spend it with the one I love. I can't wait for the next non-negotiable date night (or day)....we'll have to see how we top this one!!!

No comments: