Monday, July 02, 2007

I started a new one



I started a new book while my Mom and I were in Denver. Not because I got bored, but I finished the other book I was reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns. For anyone out there who hasn't read it, this incredible book is the story of young women growing up in Afghanistan prior to Soviet invasion up until the years following the 9/11 attacks on the USA. The author, Khaled Hosseini, knows what it is like to live in the region and experience first hand the accounts he speaks of since he too is a native of Afghanistan.

This book really made me appreciate the freedom we American women have. We have the freedom to choose a husband...to choose a life. Often times, I feel we get so used to having this freedom that we forget it is one. As we approach the 4th of July, and the symbolic day for freedom for all Americans, really take some time to appreciate this freedom, because it really is a precious gift.

So now the new book I have started reading, which is the first this summer of the suggested reading I received.....

What am I
reading now??


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: