Sunday, April 29, 2007

My new Mac


If you are reading this...welcome to my world of Mac. Yup, it's true I did decide on a Mac and so far I really like it, I just wish I knew how to use it. Seriously, I think I'm going to have to get a mac for dummies book. I have grown up on a PC, to be quite honest I was a little worried to tell my Daddy I wanted a mac, so I know my way around a PC pretty well. Working on this mac is quite different. Let me tell you what I mean:

  • I do not close applications on the right, they are now on the left. I will not tell you how many times I go to the left to close the internet.
  • The time is not on the bottom of the screen, it is on the top. I keep thinking I don't have time on the computer, then I get smart and remember it's on the top.
  • There is no start menu. I didn't know what to do when I first opened and couldn't go to start.
  • There is no right click..it's a little hard, but the scrolling mouse is amazing.
  • I keep making sure to wash my hands before I use the computer...I want the white to stay white.
  • It's amazing having this ishot camera, but the pictures I take off it do not due me justice. I sure hope I don't look like that in real life.
  • Safari has been fun getting to use, but I did break down and download my trusty firefox, it allows you to do much more with blogger.
So I can say it has been a bit different getting used to it, but like I said in my beauty blog...this is a new chapter in my life with graduating from college and I am ready for a change all around.

No comments: