Saturday, January 27, 2007

Isn't it strange


I was reading a news story this morning about a huge dumping of snow that was hampering a community. As a girl who recently had to deal with record amounts of snow I could feel for these people. The residents talked about the snow being so high they couldn't see around corners. Police were having to tow cars in order to plow streets. They also talked of the worry they felt that their roofs wouldn't hold the snow, and might in fact cave in.

I had a bit of a HUH?? thought when I found out this story was talking about Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska?? Making the news for snow?? It is a bit strange to think of this, until you read and find out they recently had 74 inches of snow. 74 inches?? Are you kidding me?? That's like as tall as Jeremy. That's a whole lotta snow. I guess I should stop complaining about our 2 inches!!

No comments: