Sunday, January 21, 2007

He's the one


So you know how you can tell a guy is the one for you?? He will spend 6 and a half hours sitting with you in a hospital while your Daddy is in surgery.

It's true, I was at the hospital today from 9:00 to 18:30 (I am using the time that was on the clock in the hospital, for those of you who can't figure out military time that's 9:00 am to 6:30 pm). I heard my Daddy sawing the wood floor this morning that my parents are working on in their house. Next thing I know, the saw has stopped and my Daddy is yelling for help. The problem....the saw kicked back and cut his thumb.

My Mom and I rushed around and took him to the ER where they took X rays and found out he had chipped the bone, the joint and severed a tendon in his right thumb. He was going to need surgery, however, they couldn't do it at that hospital, he had to be transferred into Albuquerque. We got all loaded and transferred to the Albuquerque hospital where he underwent surgery...FINALLY...after waiting 7 hours and now, he is all put back together.

What is amazing about this story is my boyfriend. He is the best!! I called him this morning when it all happened to let him know I wouldn't be at church and why. I kept him posted throughout the morning as we were figuring out what was going on. When he was done at the church around 11:00 am he came to the hospital where he sat with me and my Mom until 6:30 pm when we finally were able to take my Daddy home. There are VERY few guys I can think of who would sit around in a hospital for that amount of time, and do so with pleasure. I love this man very much and am amazed by him more and more each day!!

No comments: