Friday, January 19, 2007

The first day of the rest of my life


This week I started the last semester of my undergraduate work at the University of New Mexico. I had mixed emotions on the first day of class. I am extremely excited since I will FINALLY be done after 6 years. But it is also a reality check. This week started the beginning of the rest of my life.

We all go through these life cycles. First there's Elementary School, then the horrible Middle School years. This is followed by the always exciting High School years that lead to the even more exciting College years. After college, however, is the rest of your life. It's being a true adult.

I guess I have always found safety in being a "professional college student". It was only after graduation that I truly had to start being an adult. I'm pretty sure I'm ready, however, it is scary. Am I ready?? Have I had enough life lessons that have taught me to be on my own? Can I make it?

I am sure only time and experience will answer these questions. So for now, I am excited. I'm ready for this new chapter in my life. I'm ready for the adventure!

No comments: