Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Well Stocked Pantry




I was going through one of my Mom's old calendars and came across a check list for a well stocked pantry. I thought I would share that list with you before I go make sure my pantry is well stocked.

Basic Pantry
  • Baking mix or pancake mix
  • Baking powder
  • Baking soda
  • Brownie mix
  • Canned beef broth or consomme
  • Canned chicken
  • Canned chicken broth
  • Canned corn
  • Canned fruits
  • Canned soups
  • Canned tomatoes
  • Canned tuna
  • Canned or dried beans
  • Chocolate chips
  • Cocoa
  • Coffee
  • Condensed milk
  • Hot cereals
  • Cornstarch
  • Crackers
  • Dry cereals
  • Evaporated milk
  • Flour (all-purpose and self rising)
  • Jelly
  • Ketchup
  • Mayonnaise
  • Mustard
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • Olives
  • Pasta
  • Peanut butter
  • Pickles
  • Popcorn
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Rice and rice mixes
  • Salad dressing
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • Sugar (granulated, confectioners', and brown)
  • Syrup
  • Tea bags
  • Vanilla extract
  • Vegetable oil
  • White vinegar
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Yeast
Wow, after looking through the list, I'm only lacking a few items from having the perfect basic pantry necessities. Some of my ingredients are in the fridge or freezer (spaghetti sauce), but I think I'm doing pretty good on keeping a stocked basic pantry.

No comments: