Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Basic Herbs to Keep on Hand


Thanks to my parents I got the most wonderful spice rack this year for Christmas. I think I have any spice I will ever need and I was stoked when I went to make Lynn's taco sauce and found all of my spices quick and easy in my new rack. Yesterday, I posted the necessities for a stocked basic pantry. Today, I am going to list for you some basic herbs to keep on hand:

Basic Herbs

  • Basil
  • Bay leaves
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Onion powder or flakes
  • Oregano
  • Paprika
  • Pepper (coarse ground and/or whole)
  • Sage
  • Salt (iodized and sea salt)
  • Rosemary
  • Thyme
I have heard it's best to only keep herbs for a year, but on the other hand my mom has had some herbs in her pantry from when I was little. Anyone know what is best?? Also, what are your herbs in your spice rack you can't live without??

photo from spice place

No comments: