Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fat Burning Thursday

It's official....I no longer fit into my clothes. It's true. Somewhere between the time I said 'I do' and now, I became a chunky monkey. Fall is coming our way, and with that jeans and sweaters will become the staples in my wardrobe. Problem is, if you can't fit into them, they can't become staples.

I feel I have two options here: 1) buy new clothes that do fit with money we don't have, or, 2) get my booty in shape to wear the totally cute clothes I already have in my closet. I think I'll choose option 2!!

How will I get this done, though?? Well,...I'm still working on that. Do I do pilates? Hit the treadmill? Do some weight lifting (other than my bod off the couch to get some more cookie dough out of the fridge)? Do I cut back on what I'm eating? Eat more healthy? No more cherry coke? No more Starbucks?

I'm still in the process of working out my exact plan, and I hope to announce it to you all next Thursday, because I am deeming Thursdays FBT, aka, Fat Burning Thursday. I'm not planning on only burning my fat on Thursday, rather, I will be posting my updates to you all on Thursdays. And, if you want to join me, you can post your progress with a comment as well.

Let's do this together. Let's get healthy and in shape for the winter months together. Let's go against tradition and not pack on the pounds to hibernate for winter, but rather get a really, REALLY big start on next years bikini season. Next Thursday, lets post our plans and short term goals and go from there!! What do you say?

1 comment:

Jenifer Helton said...

congrats! I started 2 weeks ago on Weight Watchers. I've lost 5 lbs and I'm doing Yoga in the am and a 30 min hike in the evenings through our local park.