Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Sense of Smell

Of all the five senses we have; taste, sight, hearing, smell and touch, I feel the sense of smell is often one that gets put off as not that great. Sight and hearing I would say would have to be at the top of peoples list for the senses we think of and say to ourselves "I don't know what I would do if I lost my sight." Or, "I don't know what I would do if I lost my hearing." But, have you ever thought of losing your sense of smell??

I know a great gal, Amber, who can't smell. I know you might think, well...that's not bad. I wouldn't smell the stinky trash. Or, I wouldn't smell the plugged up toilet. Or, I wouldn't smell the dog after he ate fish and eggs. But, when you think about it, you also wouldn't smell chocolate chip cookies in the oven, the lilac bush blooming outside, or a fresh New Mexico rain.

What do you think?? What sense would you hate to lose?

Until next time...

No comments: