Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Week of Internet Fast


This past week, Holy Week, Jeremy and I decided to fast from Internet and T.V. Just a little word of caution to anyone who is addicted to these and wants to do it...don't. Fasting from both of these two addictions at the same time proved to be too much. So, our fast turned into just an Internet fast. 
During this time I learned many things:
  • I spend WAY too much time glued to my computer screen. It was amazing how much I was able to get caught up on without worrying what was going on on Twitter, Facebook or in the blogging world.
  • There isn't much that goes on in the blogging world. I was able to catch up on the weeks happenings in about an hour. And I spend many hours a day checking and re-checking to see any new updates....CRAZY!!!
  • Life is so much simpler when you're serving your Maker rather than your Mac. I don't know how often I just feel a slave to my Internet. It's what passes the time when I need it passed. It's what keeps me company when I need company kept. But, turning it off for a week was extremely liberating.
So, if you feel you are a slave to your Mac rather than your Maker, I highly recommend an Internet fast. If I can do it, so can you. You'll be amazed!!

No comments: