Saturday, March 14, 2009

We Are No Longer Rotten Bananas

Photobucket
I truly love banana nut bread. From the time I was little, I always remember my Mom fixing a batch of banana nut bread, and, when I got older, it was one of my favorite things to bake. I think because it is so easy....and it's yummy!! What I find amazing about banana nut bread, however, is what you make it out of. It's not like we take fresh bananas that we just bought at the store specifically for the purpose of baking bread. Instead, we take the ones that have been sitting on the counter for way too long, because no one wanted to eat them anymore and they turned black and appeared ruined. 

This reminds me so much of what our Heavenly Father does. He takes us who are bruised and broken, who are weak and weary, who are ungodly and sinful, and He doesn't throw us out with next weeks garbage. Not even close. Rather, because we are in Him, we are made new.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!    2 Corinthians 5:17
How amazing is that??

Just a thought for this great Saturday, until next time....

No comments: