Friday, March 27, 2009

Caffeinated Randomness -- New Car?


I always thought I was the random one in our family. I have had some crazy ideas in the past 5 years of things I wanted to do or accomplish. Here are just a few:

  • Try out for a professional football cheerleading team
  • Train for a marathon
  • Make my own Christmas tree skirt
  • Make a quilt for our bed ( I don't know how or where to start with quilting)
  • Mill my own grain
  • Raise chickens
  • Try out for the Amazing Race
  • Go to Egypt
  • Go on an Archeological dig for Sodom and Gomorrah
  • Be a wedding planner
  • Build a barn
Unfortunately, my big dreams and crazy plans never fully developed even though I got close to most of these, and there are a few I'm still working on. But 2 days ago, my sweet husband chimed up with a statement that would have been normally random for me, but for him was just shockingly random: "Let's go see about buying a new truck Friday." So, today, we are going on a random car shopping trip. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it turns out.

What randomness do you have going on today? Check out Andrea @ Under Grace & Over Coffee for more Caffeinated Randomness.

5 comments:

CharityVL said...

Cute blog! I always thought being a wedding planner would be fun, but I am way too much of a procrastinator for that! Enjoy your Friday.

Anonymous said...

I once had the thought to make a quilt for my bed, too. So I went and bought a quilting magazine - it was like reading a whole new language. Needless to say, my quilting dreams died right there. And I have no inclination to knit one, thank goodness!

Pray~and~Wait said...

Such a cute blog! I have to say that I have wanted to do a few of those too...wedding coordinator, making a quilt, training for a marathon and even milling my own grain. We can dream, can't we?!?!?!? Have a great weekend!

Lula! said...

I want to be you when I grow up. I mean, anyone who desires to mill her own grain, create a quilt, and be a professional cheerleader is GOOD PEOPLE in my book.

Jenifer Helton said...

I have to laugh, only because I thought I may have been the only person who had these dreams. Mine right now is to be an etiquette instructor to small children and host tea parties. I also have to add that I have tons of lovely fabric that I got because I wa going to make my own drapes for my lving room. Needless to say, the fabric is haning in the closet, and the sewing machine is in the attic.