Thursday, March 12, 2009

Books, Blogs and Brownies


Oh, my!! I just read over at Exemplify Online that Kristen and Andrea are starting a virtual book club that I can't wait to be a part of. The first book they have chosen to read is The Passion of Mary Margaret by Lisa Samson. I haven't read any of her books, but I hear she is great. Here is a synopsis of the book from Amazon:

Mary-Margaret yearned to dedicate her life to the Lord. Jesus had another idea.

When Mary-Margaret Fischer met Jude Keller, the lighthouse keeper's son, she was studying at a convent school on a small island off Chesapeake Bay. Destined for a life as a religious sister, she nevertheless felt a pull toward Jude--gorgeous, rebellious, promiscuous Jude. But Jude, driven by demons no one really understood, disappeared into Baltimore's seamy red-light district. Mary-Margaret moved on with her life, preparing to serve God with her sisters as a teacher and artist.

Then Jude comes home--but now he's bitter, dissolute, and diseased. And Mary-Margaret receives a divine call that shakes her to the core, a call to give up her dreams for the troubled man who befriended her so long ago. For Jesus' sake, can she forsake the only life she ever wanted for a love that could literally cost her life?


Each week, these wonderful ladies will host a book club that we can all participate in. So, check them out, and join. I know I can't wait...not to mention, I LOVE the name: Blooks, Blogs and Brownies, my three favorite B's!!

No comments: