Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WFMW - Bounce Dryer Sheets to Clean


Every Wednesday, over at We Are That Family, helpful hints and tips are posted in what they call "Works for me Wednesday". I am new to posting to this carnival, but have loved reading the helpful tips for many weeks now. I figured it was time for me to finally get my foot in the door and share what has been helpful for me.

Being a newlywed, I am learning many things. I have learned how to do the laundry without taking 3 days. I have learned how to boil potatoes while my meat browns (seriously, I couldn't do this when we first got married), as well as scrub a toilet (again, something it took me many months to get into). Despite all of this learning, one thing I can't seem to help is burning anything and everything on my pots and pans.

I find it very frustrating to be standing over the kitchen sink scrubbing and scrubbing to no avail. That was, until I heard a helpful tip. I'm not sure where I heard this (probably one of the many many forwarded e mails from my Papaw), but to clean your scorched and nasty pans, you can put a bounce sheet in your pan, cover it with water and let it sit. So, I did this. I took my scorched and dirty pan, put a bounce sheet in it, covered it with water and let it sit overnight. 

I wasn't sure if it would work or not, but sure enough, the next morning I dumped the water and bounce sheet and rinsed my pan. It was as clean as the day I bought it. It amazed me so much that I decided I would do this every month or so to all of my pans so they would always be as shiny clean as the day I bought them. And, for me on this Wednesday, this worked for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to WFMW!
Bounce will also get hard water spots off your shower doors!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are learning alot! I am proud of you.