Monday, March 10, 2008

Forgetting

Why is it so hard to forgive and forget? Why is it that we can be hurt or have our trust in someone broken and fight hard to not remember that time, but those times are still there in our mind? Why can we not get past incidents of the past? Why is it that when we hope something is worked out, we remember the time that work was busted with a new plan so we think it has happened this time? Why is is so hard to forget these instances and move on with new plans or relationships?

When we are hurt, when our trust is broken, it's hard to forget that. It's hard to believe that as much as we hope it will, this time WILL be different. Time will help us to heal this hurt, but when an incident happens recently and then happens again, we think back to that time. It is my hope that I will be able to wipe a clean slate every time and start over. It is my hope that each time, relationship or agreement will hold true, more than the last. Until then, I think I need patience...for myself and for those around me. It isn't easy to get over being hurt or having your trust broken. And each time a new instance comes up it will be hard to get over what happened in the past, but I am working at it. I am trying. And I just need patience.

No comments: