Saturday, February 09, 2008

I need SSL

I am truly enjoying my classes I am taking this semester. I have learned so much, and really think I can use A LOT of what I have learned in my years of teaching. One of the classes that is required is English as a Second Language (ESL). I know in this day in age, this is very important since because we have lax borders (that's a whole other blog) we have many spanish speakers migrating into our country. 

I think I need help though. The teacher I am taking this class from tells us time and time again that you don't have to speak the language to be able to teach english, but hello, lady....stop speaking spanish so I can understand your class!!! My teacher, I guess is okay, but she speaks spanish, A LOT, and I have no idea what she is saying. All I know is the others laugh, and this little white girl sits there making sure they're not laughing at me. I think in order to take this class I should have taken SSL first (if only they offered it).

1 comment:

Katie said...

No te preocupes! Un dia puedes entender todo que la maestra estaba diciendo. Sola necisitas practicar y la clase puede ser muy facil! Si te puedes! Buena suerte! Got it? Good!