Monday, July 30, 2007

For better, for worse, for completely crazy!


Do you have any weird sleeping habits? Do you have to lay on one side or another? Do you have to have 5 pillows? Do you have to have your favorite animal 'Beary'?? ME TOO!!! Not to any of those, mine is more...well....weird. I have been terrified of the dark since I was a little girl. I always dreaded the nighttime when the darkness would roll around. This fear has not escaped me. Twenty four years later I still run up the stairs at night and jump on the bed so as to not get eaten by whatever is following me up or is hiding under the bed. Now, I know what you're thinking, "is this girl for real?" It's sad to admit, but it's true. I would like to say I'm getting a little better, but every time I think so...I start running up the stairs.

So, in order to be able to fall asleep at night I turn the TV on and set my sleep timer. However, I don't watch TV. Instead, I have a movie I put in and for the most part it is always the same movie. This movie I sleep to does rotate every 3 months or so or as the current movie has, can last up to 4 months and be a repeat from an earlier sleep movie. Currently the movie I go to sleep to is 'You've Got Mail'. I have watched this movie, or at least listened to it every night for the past 4 months since I recorded it on the TIVO.

I do have a rhyme and reason to the movies I watch. For the most part they are movies that have a lot of light in them. I don't like anything dark which usually means suspenseful and scary. So, I try to pick comedy's or romantic dramas. I also pick movies that are a bit quiet. I don't like any scenes that will increase in sound suddenly as this could wake me up. Some of my favorites include: You've Got Mail, The Family Stone, Must Love Dogs, A Few Good Men, Rudy, While You Were Sleeping and Something To Talk About. Okay, you can say it now...this girl is a real quack. I might be, but boy do I sleep like I rock with these movies in. The one thing I worry about is what will happen when Jeremy and I get married? Will he accept me and my crazy habit or will this all be better once I have a buddy in bed? All I can say is for better, for worse, for completely crazy!!

What about you?? What are your crazy sleeping habits??

No comments: