Monday, April 16, 2007

Jumping on my Soapbox


So I am in complete horror with the terrible events that took place today on the Virginia Tech campus. And although I am writing this with few actual facts as it is so soon after what took place, I am already aggravated.

I am aggravated that this person would come to a safe place, where young adults are trying to better their future by getting a higher education and destroy that. Who does he think he is? Are we safe anywhere anymore??

Second I am aggravated by the finger pointing. Instead of pointing the finger at the real person we should, the idiot who came in and shot up the place, the media is pointing the finger at the University stating that they should have had a better warning system to notify students as to what was going on. Now, I am in agreement that there should be warning systems put into place, but seriously people, this is a tragedy. We need to focus on what is in front of us and STOP pointing the finger. At this point it's just not worth it!!

No comments: