Friday, February 02, 2007

My day was great, thanks for asking!


Today was a great Friday. Although I have been lonely without Jeremy, he's in my favorite place...Montana, I have had to survive. And although I have learned I can survive without him, I would just rather not.

Work is starting to get a little better. I am learning how to handle the workload, and ask for help when things get too rough, which can be a hard task for me sometimes. I am learning to deal with problems which arise, and even impressed the owner of the company with something I had accomplished.

I am currently visiting my grandparents in Lubbock. I knew this would be a great weekend to go since Jeremy wasn't in town. It was hectic and chaotic trying to get everything ready to leave and my Mom and I barely made it to the airport on time. But, we did make it. The flight was horrible, especially for a girl who hates to fly. The pilot DID NOT know how to drive the plane straight on the runway...come on...how long did you go to flight school for??

It was a sad and uplifting visit to the nursing home tonight. My 95 year old great-grandmother is doing AMAZING considering her age. She can't hear, and can't get around very well, but her mind is very much there and that's a good thing. My Memaw (Grandmother) on the other hand is going downhill rapidly. She has a degenerative disease, much like Alzheimer's, and she is losing the ability to do things that you and I take for granted, such as swallowing. So every meal is dangerous...and not getting better.

I had the most amazing conversation with my Mom and "Aunts" over a bowl of taco soup. The last time I was around them much was probably when I was in Mid School, so for me to sit around and carry on a conversation with them was very adult-like of me. I guess it really does prove I'm growing up. Maybe now they wont make me sit at the kids table for Thanksgiving.

All in all, despite the loneliness from being away from Jeremy and the sadness I felt at the nursing home, it was an alright day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: